Saturday, soul food is on the menu. Fast and furious delicious chicken cooked on your Traeger. Dinner is ready in less than 90 minutes if you accept this challenge of course.
You can eat the chicken on its own, like a true carnivore, or perhaps serve it with some finger-licking sides such as jalapeño poppers, cornbread, and cold Fat Tire beers. There are plenty of options.
You are the BBQ master and in control of your dinner destiny.
This post and recipe focus solely on the chicken part of your dinner. Whatever you decide to eat as a side is on you, and you need to plan accordingly.
What do you need?
- 1 whole chicken, 5-7lbs
- 1 can of beer or use the Traeger Chicken Throne (sounds corny, I know!)
- Plenty of dry rub of your choice
There’s seriously not much to this recipe. Put on your manly apron and lets get started.
- Preheat your grill to 350F
- Pad the chicken dry with power towels
- Cover the chicken in the dry rub, and massage it all over the chicken – show it some love
- Open a can of Fat Tire beer OR pour the beer into the chicken throne
- Place the can or throne on a baking tray
- Place the chicken on top of the beer or throne
- don’t insert the can or throne fully into the chicken
- that would just be weird!
- Move the tray with the chicken to the grill
- Roast it until internal temperature reaches 1650-170F
Last time I made this dish, it was roasting for roughly 65 minutes. It will vary depending on the size of the chicken, and how much beer you leave in the can or throne.
The cool thing about this recipe is that the beer actually penetrates the meat from the inside. It enhances the cooking of the chicken and keeps it moist. You don’t need to apply much extra to this approach. Once it reaches the temperature climax, the ride is over and you can eat the chicken.
If you are reading the above with a smirk, then you have a dirty mind!
I hope you enjoy the chicken. It is tender, moist and goes with many sides.
Stay in touch with me through social media!