Picture courtesy of Martha Stewart
- Do you love hummus?
- Do you buy it premade?
- Do you have 10 minutes to spare?
Alrighty then, let’s get mixing and I will show you how quickly you can have your very own hummus blend sitting on your countertop with perhaps homemade falafels and a nice onion, cucumber, and tomato salad.
Family and friends will be impressed with your sudden culinary skills.
What do you need?
- food processor
- Juice from two lemons
- 1 large can of chickpeas (drained)
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup of Tahini
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- a little water to make it the consistency of your liking
- a sprinkle of pink salt
- I prefer not to add salt as the canned chickpeas are already lightly salted
Three magic steps to nice smooth hummus
- Mix lemon juice, garlic (halved) and Tahini into a small bowl, and mix until smooth
- Add chickpeas to the food processor, and run the processor while gently dripping in the tahini/lemon/garlic juice
- This step is optional and depends on how smooth or thin you want your hummus. Add a little water at a time while spinning the processor, and stop when you have your desired consistency
Serve as a dip to a snack of your choice such as carrots, celery, chips, or just as a sauce in your falafel roll.
Want to spice it up a slightly?
- Gently roast the garlic on a pan with a little oil and add that to step one
- Sprinkle the finished hummus with a little paprika
- Decorate the hummus with some freshly chopped cilantro
You got this! Enjoy the kitchen and take control of your servings 🙂
Stay in touch with me through social media!