Fancy an easy weeknight or weekend dinner, where you can share the workload amongst the family members?
Well, this teriyaki dish is something that will make you drool and ask for seconds.
The cool thing is, it is straight forward to make as long as you have the ingredients of course. I estimate it’ll take you 30-40 minutes to whip up this creation, with the rice boiling taking the longest.
Here’s what you need for 5 people
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup of my teriyaki sauce (follow the link)
- 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
- ½ cup of onion, finely sliced and diced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh garlic, sliced and diced
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, sliced and diced
- 1 medium-sized carrot sliced and diced
- A large handful of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups of cooked rice of your choice, white or brown
- 2 tablespoons of Coconut Aminos
Let’s start cooking
Ask your kids to cut the chicken breast, under supervision of course. There’s nothing in the instructions that will prevent your kids from helping.
- Place the chicken cubes in the teriyaki sauce, and let it marinate as long as possible
- Start boiling your rice using a rice cooker or a more traditional approach
- Start preparing the rest of the ingredients, while the chicken sucks up all the good flavors from the marinade.
- Prepare the vegetables by cutting the onion, ginger, and garlic
- Spend some time cutting the broccoli florets. Ideally small little florets, easy bit sizes.
- Whip out your wok or Dutch oven, and start cooking the marinaded chicken until firm to the touch – or cut a piece to make sure it is fully cooked
- When done, place the chicken in a bowl and set aside … do not clean off the wok or Dutch oven
- Add a little oil to the wok or Dutch oven, and fry the onion, garlic, ginger, and carrots until the onions are translucent
- Throw in the broccoli and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl
- Gently push the vegetable to one side in the wok or Dutch oven, and pour in the beaten eggs
- Let the egg fry 1-2 minutes, and then start mixing it with the vegetables
- Add the boiled rice, chicken, Coconut Aminos and grind in a little black pepper.
- Mix it gently and well, heating up the entire mixture, and serve when ready.
You could sprinkle some thinly sliced green onion on top when serving.
Stay in touch with me through social media!