Adding to my previously shared recipes for fighting off colds, flues and other winter illnesses here’s a variation of my Viking Ginger Tea I posted some time ago.
In essence, I’m just adding a few more ingredients to my team, to give it an extra boost.
Also because I’ve recently started to enjoy Turmeric, and I read that it has extra natural antibiotics that is good for your body’s immune system.
- 4 cups of water
- 1″ of fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons of ground turmeric
- A cinnamon stick
- juice of a full lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons of honey to taste, and to give it some sweetness
- ¼ teaspoon of coconut or olive oil – this helps to move the mixture inside your guts
- … perhaps a few slices of lemon and a few gloves to spice it up further
Let’s get started
Put the water in a small pot, and gently add all the ingredients, except the lemon juice and the decorative stuff like the lemon slices and gloves.
- The honey helps to soothe the throat
Let it simmer for 7-10 minutes, then add the lemon juice.
Simmering the ingredients ensures that you get all the good stuff out of the ginger and turmeric, which is what gives you the extra boost and defense.
I have a small teapot with a strainer and would recommend you pour the mixture through the strainer, to catch all the little bits.
Once strained, you can serve it in a regular teacup, and decorate it with lemon slice and gloves.
It tastes great and super healthy for your body, and helps fight off all them nasty bugs!
Stay in touch with me through social media!