Busy week with school work, evening events and sports?
This dish will save you time cooking and your family will enjoy it.
- 1 pack of giant pasta shells
- 1 15oz tub of fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 large can of chopped tomatoes in sauce
- 1 handful of grated cheese
- 1 handful of fresh mozzarella
- 1 small bunch of fresh basil
- Garlic powder and black pepper to taste
1-2-3 ready cook!
- Turn the oven on, setting it to 350 Fahrenheit
- Boil a pot of water … use a pot big enough to hold the giant pasta shells
- Once boiling, add the giant pasta shells
- Boil for about 15 mins or until they are just borderline al dente
- While the pasta is boiling, mix the cheeses together in a bowl
- Chop the fresh basil and add it to the cheese mix
- Open your tomato can and mix in pepper + garlic powder
- Assuming the pasta is al dente, drain and rinse in cold water
- Place the pasta shells in a large lasagne tray
- Point the opening of the pasta shells up, so you can fill them with the cheese mix
- Fill and/or cover the pasta shells with the cheese mix
- Make sure to cover most of the pasta with a thin layer
- Pour the tomato sauce over the cheese
- Place the dish in the oven and bake it for 25-30 minutes
Voila, dinner is served!
Stay in touch with me through social media!