Disclaimer, this is not a healthy dish, and it should not be consumed before getting your annual cholesterol test. Your doctor will not be impressed with your results.
In the spirit of making nice comfort foods and dishes that will build some extra fat layers for the colder months, this is absolutely the go-to dish. Avoid eating too much queso during the spring if you are preparing your summer body.
Queso might sound a little complicated, but it can be prepared in less than 10 minutes, and then you smoke it on the Traeger for 45 minutes. Let the aroma spread across your neighborhood, wanting them to be your best friend. Queso is the bomb!
Let’s get started. Here are the ingredients and steps you need to make mean queso. This portion easily feeds 4-6 people as a starter.
The stuff you need for your queso
- 1/2 lbs of smoked gouda cheese
- 1/2 lbs of Velveeta cheese
- 1 lb of sausage pork ground
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of chipotle chili
- 1 can (10 oz) of ROTEL diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (10 oz) of cream of mushroom
- 2 tablespoons of Holy Voodoo rub from Meat Church
Follow these simple steps to queso heaven
- On a pan, fry the meat with garlic powder, paprika, and chipotle chili
- Preheat your Traeger to 350F
- Take out your trusted Dutch oven
- Cut the cheese into small cubes
- Place all the cheese in the Dutch oven
- Pour in the diced tomatoes and chilis and cream of mushrooms.
- Put in the fried meat.
- Place the Dutch oven in your Traeger.
- Let it grill for 15 minutes, then stir.
- Grill it for another 15 minutes, then stir again
- Continue the grilling for yet another 15 minutes, and then stir.
- All the cheese should be melted, and it is a nice thick cheese sauce
Let the queso cool for a few minutes, and then place the Dutch oven in front of your family and friends. You’ll be surprised how quickly a large portion disappears. This is a trendy starter dish, served with some extra large tortilla chips.
Stay in touch with me through social media!