No, this is not a dish invented by Alfredo from Godfather or a tribute to Chris Cuomo!
It is simply another simple dish to help you eat a little healthier, while still being easy to make and it tastes awesome.
This sauce is best served with most pasta options, and you could add either shrimp or chicken pieces, to pimp it up a bit.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or regular flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup low fat Ricotta cheese
- 1-2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
Follow the instructions (Lego movie quote!)
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat
- Sprinkle in the flour or cornstarch, cook for 1-2 minutes, while stirring constantly.
- Slowly add in the broth and the milk, and continue to whisk another 1-2 minutes until it becomes smooth
- Bring the sauce base to a simmer, and whisk until it gets a little thicker
- Wisk in the Ricotta cheese
- As soon as the cheese has been fully mixed in, add the Parmesan cheese, pepper, and garlic powder
- Optional step … add your shrimp or chicken pieces, and turn the pieces around in the sauce so they get fully covered.
- Serve with pasta of your choice, boiled of course
I like to sprinkle a little freshly cut Basil on each serving, and perhaps little extra Parmesan cheese … it’s up to you of course!
Stay in touch with me through social media!